HCV Events and Special Projects
We are always looking to help our Active Military, Veterans and their families anyway we can. If you have ideas or thoughts about how we can better serve our Heroes, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A great calendar for all local Veterans Events, not just in Hamilton county, is http://www.veteranevents.org/shared-calendar.html AND here is the DVA Calendar https://www.in.gov/dva/2359.htm
- Veteran Legal Clinic - Indianapolis is starting a free, no appointment needed Veteran Legal Clinic beginning December 18, 2018 and every third (3) Tuesday of each month from 11am-4pm at the Richard L. Roudebush VA Med Ctr, 1481 W 10th St Indianapolis, In. Room C-1202. Just walk in to address your civil legal matter such as: eviction/foreclosure, child support/family law, outstanding warrants/fines, restoring driver’s licenses and discharge upgrades. Questions? Please call any of our Veterans Justice OPutreach Specialists - Judi Green 317-988-1453, Mark Mayhew 317-988-1407 or Sandy Whiteley 317-988-1406.
- "Bikes For Homeless Veterans".
Aug 28, 2019, The Hamilton County Veterans just completed another BIKES FOR HOMELESS VETERANS program to help Homeless Veterans, & those Vets in need of Transportation in order to get to work. We donated 51 bikes this time, 36 the last time with the help of the Noblesville Police Department. We will be collecting bikes again to donate to HVAF of Indiana, https://hvafofindiana.org in the spring of 2020 so if you have or know of anyone who has bikes they are not using and would like to donate them to our Veterans, please contact Ron Wilson at email@example.com and we will be in touch. No junkers please.
The Hamilton County Veterans organization thanks you all for your donations, as well as Police Chief Jowlett & the Noblesville Police Department for their support...
Ron Wilson, President HCV
- August 21, 2021 the Hamilton County Veterans would like to Honor our Vietnam Brothers and Sisters who so bravely fought for our Freedoms and never made it home, and we want to Welcome Home those of us who made it back by re-dedicating the Hamilton County Vietnam War Memorial in your Honor. So come on all you old farts, put your thinking caps on and come up with some ideas on what we should do to rededicate the Vietnam War Memorial.
- Let me know your ideas ASAP so we can start planning. Send your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help us Honor all our Brothers and Sisters who so proudly fought and Gave their All for our Freedoms during the Vietnam War!!
Crownland Cemetery of Noblesville - The Hamilton County Veterans Memorial at Crownland Cemetery is cracked, decayed and falling. We have been trying to get help to refurbish it for years and are now working with the Hamilton County Commissioners and Council to get the support we need to make this happen. We also need to place 2 new Memorial Stones, one on each side of the present Memorial to add the names of our Fallen Heroes from WWI and the Persian Gulf War. The current Memorial was dedicated in 1953 with the names of the Fallen from Hamilton County during WW2. Since then, names of our fallen Heroes from Korea & Vietnam were added. We have been meeting with the Crownland Cemetery Board as well as the Hamilton County Historical Commission for the past several years but still nothing has been done. We hope our present meetings with the Commissioners and Council will help get this done before it is too late.
If you would like to help, please send your donation to HCV P.O. Box 503 Noblesville, In. 46061 C/O Lynn Epperson. Tax ID# will be furnished upon receipt of funds. If you or your business would like to sponsor this project or help in the refurbishment please contact Ron Wilson at email@example.com
Honor Flight - There are two cities here in Indiana where we have an Honor Flight program. In Indianapolis we have Indy Honor Flight and in Evansville we have the Southern Indiana Honor Flight. The Honor Flight Network is an awesome time as they show our WWII, Korean War and Vietnam Veterans their Memorials in Washington D.C. If you know of any WWII Veterans or Veterans from the Korean or Vietnam Wars who are interested in making the Indy Honor Flight, please get them to fill out the Veteran Form and mail it to Indy Honor Flight Inc. - address is on the bottom of page 2 of the form or any questions, call them 317/559-1600. Also, if you or anyone you know would like to be a volunteer guardian to help us transport our Heroes, please fill out the Guardian Form and send it in - Guardians must pay for their own air fare. For those in southern Indiana go here http://honorflightsi.org/ for information.
Top of Page