HCV Events and Special Projects
We are always looking to help our Active Military, Veterans and their families anyway we can. If you have ideas or thoughts about how we can better serve our Heroes, let us know at email@example.com.
- 10 September 1830 Hours - Reboot Combat Recovery is a 12 week course starting September 10, 2019 on Tuesdays, 630pm-830pm (dinner and childcare provided) at Fall Creek Christian Church 1102 W 700 S Pendleton, In,,,, contact is Justin Fiew firstname.lastname@example.org 765-274-8131. Register at https://rebootrecovery.com for this course. It is not a support group. They provide practical help for Service Members, Veterans and families dealing with the moral and spiritual wounds from combat trauma. You will not find shortcuts or easy answers, instead you’ll find solutions that will last!!
Please, if you are a combat Veteran or know of any who could use this course, contact them and have them go to https://rebootrecovery.com and register. You will be glad you did.
Thank you for your service and continued support of our Military, Veterans and their families
- 14 September 1400 Hours - Their will be a "Joint Command" Meeting - All Veterans & Friends of Veterans are Invited - Jim Bauerle, 2 Star General /USA/ RET & Executive Director Indiana Veterans Military Coalition is our Guest Speaker. Please bring a Buddy with you, & find out WHY Indiana is at the bottom of the list of States when it comes to veteran Benefits... & what YOU AS A HOOSIER VETERAN can do about this.. Admission is FREE.
The meeting will take place at the VFW Post in Noblesville, IN located at 685 South 9th street ( Note: the "V" is a non smoking Post)...
Sponsored by Hamilton County veterans & VFW Post 6246:
ALL COUNTY VETERANS & VET ORGANIZATIONS ARE INVITED...
Thank you for your Service
- September 18, 2019 is the 7th Social & Networking Event at Richard L. Roudabush VA Med Ctr 1481 W. 10th St, Indianapolis in room C-1202 from 12 noon to 350PM. Topics are:
12-1205pm - Introduction/Events remarks
1205-1225pm - Agent Orange, Camp Lejeune, Burn Pit Information
1230-130pm - Indiana State Veterans Affairs
140-240pm - Veterans Benefits Administration
250-350pm - National Cemetary Administration
- MRAS PTSD Recovery Program Inc. (The PTSD Program) is a 501(c) 3 and we are accepting applications for our initial week long program at Indiana University’s Bradford Woods located at 5040 State Road 67 N Martinsville, IN 46151 from 14-18 October, 2019. This is at no cost to those selected to participate.
12-14 applicants will partake in the week long program that includes health care professionals, veterans benefit administrators, mental health and substance abuse treatment professionals. The program covers the costs of transportation, housing, materials, professional staff, meals, and any additional cost at Indiana University’s Bradford Woods. You are invited to encourage Veterans and First Responders with PTSD to complete the attached application and return them to Gordon Smith, CEO, at his email address email@example.com BEFORE 1 October 2019.
- A great calendar for all local Veterans Events, not just in Hamilton county, is http://www.veteranevents.org/shared-calendar.html AND here is the DVA Calendar https://www.in.gov/dva/2359.htm
- Veteran Legal Clinic - Indianapolis is starting a free, no appointment needed Veteran Legal Clinic beginning December 18, 2018 and every third (3) Tuesday of each month from 11am-4pm at the Richard L. Roudebush VA Med Ctr, 1481 W 10th St Indianapolis, In. Room C-1202. Just walk in to address your civil legal matter such as: eviction/foreclosure, child support/family law, outstanding warrants/fines, restoring driver’s licenses and discharge upgrades. Questions? Please call any of our Veterans Justice OPutreach Specialists - Judi Green 317-988-1453, Mark Mayhew 317-988-1407 or Sandy Whiteley 317-988-1406.
- "Bikes For Homeless Veterans".
Aug 28, 2019, The Hamilton County Veterans just completed another BIKES FOR HOMELESS VETERANS program to help Homeless Veterans, & those Vets in need of Transportation in order to get to work. We donated 51 bikes this time, 36 the last time with the help of the Noblesville Police Department. We will be collecting bikes again to donate to HVAF of Indiana, https://hvafofindiana.org in the spring of 2020 so if you have or know of anyone who has bikes they are not using and would like to donate them to our Veterans, please contact Ron Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch. No junkers please.
The Hamilton County Veterans organization thanks you all for your donations, as well as Police Chief Jowlett & the Noblesville Police Department for their support...
Ron Wilson, President HCV
- August 21, 2021 the Hamilton County Veterans would like to Honor our Vietnam Brothers and Sisters who so bravely fought for our Freedoms and never made it home, and we want to Welcome Home those of us who made it back by re-dedicating this Memorial in your Honor. So come on all you old farts, put your thinking caps on and come up with some ideas on what we should do to rededicate the Vietnam War Memorial.
- Let me know your ideas ASAP so we can start planning. Send your thoughts to email@example.com
- Help us Honor all our Brothers and Sisters who so proudly fought and Gave their All for our Freedoms during the Vietnam War!!
Crownland Cemetery of Noblesville - We are reconditioning and adding to the Hamilton County Veterans Memorial and NEED YOUR HELP!! We are placing 2 new Memorial Stones, one on each side of the present Memorial to add the names of our Fallen Heroes from WWI and the Persian Gulf War. The current Memorial was dedicated in 1953 with the names of the Fallen from Hamilton County during WW2. Since then, names of our fallen Heroes from Korea & Vietnam were also added. As the years have passed, the Memorial has started to lean showing gaps in the present stones which is making it unstable and unsafe. It is also needing a cleaning which we will be doing as well. We have been meeting with the Crownland Cemetery Board as well as the Hamilton County Historical Commission for the past several years but still nothing has been done. We really need the updates we have hoped for before it is too late.
Over the years the HCV has raised $3,100.00 but still need an additional $7,000.00 as well as professional help from those who are knowledgeable in refurbing/rebuilding/relocating a Monument like this. We do have some professional volunteers but could always use more to help defray some costs. If you can help, please send your donation to HCV P.O. Box 503 Noblesville, In. 46061 C/O Lynn Epperson HCVSO. Tax ID# will be furnished upon receipt of funds. If you or your business would like to sponsor this project or help in the refurbishment please contact Ron Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Honor Flight - There are two cities here in Indiana where we have an Honor Flight program. In Indianapolis we have Indy Honor Flight and in Evansville we have the Southern Indiana Honor Flight. The Honor Flight Network is an awesome time as they show our WWII, Korean War and Vietnam Veterans their Memorials in Washington D.C. If you know of any WWII Veterans or Veterans from the Korean or Vietnam Wars who are interested in making the Indy Honor Flight, please get them to fill out the Veteran Form and mail it to Indy Honor Flight Inc. - address is on the bottom of page 2 of the form or any questions, call them 317/559-1600. Also, if you or anyone you know would like to be a volunteer guardian to help us transport our Heroes, please fill out the Guardian Form and send it in - Guardians must pay for their own air fare. For those in southern Indiana go here http://honorflightsi.org/ for information.
Top of Page