Hamilton County Veterans Agenda
Hamilton East Library 1900 hours
- Pledge of Allegiance / Silent Prayer - Red
- Financial Report - Lynn - We still have $4,083.26 in the till so we can finish the rework at the Memorial.
- Sick Call: Bill Doss is laid up with back troubles, Red’s wife is recovering from a heart attack, Joe Robbins is doing much better
- Welcome - Ron
- Crown Land Cemetery - Completion of New Hamilton County War Memorial Stones - Lynn/Ron - After 5 years of continual attempts by Ron & Lynn at the Crownland Cemetery board we are getting closer to getting it done. We have a contractor who is able to do the cautious work of relocating and placing the stones which we will start after Memorial Day 2017. We will move the Memorial back onto a new foundation with the 2 new stones for our WWI Fallen and Gulf War Fallen as well as putting in a new walkway and plants. We are hoping to reach out to the Veterans Auxiliary for donations to complete the landscaping that will need to be done.
- May 27, 2017 is Cicero’s Memorial Day event 11:00am if anyone is interested.
- We have been working to get a Van here in Hamilton County so we can rotate trained drivers to drive a Van from Noblesville to the VA Hospital with our local Veterans during the week. This effort is now on hold until the VA and Hamilton County can work out the details.
- TBI/ PTSD Pilot Study at Riverview Hospital HBOT Unit - The MVCI is teaming with Riverview Hospital to run a 2 year pilot using HBOT to treat 100 Veterans who have been diagnosed with TBI/PTSD. Riverview has agreed to run this pilot at cost which will be $250K for the 2 years. We need to help Jim Bauerle and Ron Martin of the MVCI in raising these funds so our Heroes may have a chance to live without the drugs the VA throws at them. If you know of anyone or a business who can help please have them contact Jim Bauerle email@example.com 317-844-6432.
- The TMVCI Meeting is the first Friday of the month 0930 at Fort Harrison VFW Post 7119 at 6526 North Lee Road so please try to attend.
- Veterans Court (with the Honorable Judge William Hughes) - Lynn is in need of Volunteers to mentor a Veteran. It is a 3 year program for a Veteran who is in trouble. We have 9 Veterans in the program which includes training, drug rehab, mentor-ship and follow up. If you are interested in helping please contact Lynn Epperson CVSO Lynn.Epperson@hamiltoncounty.in.gov phone 317-776-9610.William Carey is the coordinator at the Hamilton Superior Court 3, ph - 317-776-8279. Here is a list of all Indiana counties with a Veteran Court and a Drug Court https://www.in.gov/judiciary/pscourts/files/pscourts-psc-directory.pdf
- The HCV has been collecting bicycles for the homeless HVAF Veterans. The HVAF donates bikes to those Veterans who are working and have no other means to get to their job and we want to help them. If you know of anyone who no longer is using their bicycle, please contact Ron Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org so we may deliver the bike to the HVAF downtown.
- The HCV voted to donate $100.00 to the building of a Memorial Project in Cicero honoring our Veterans. Joe Robbins is working to get this project moving forward.
- Our Hamilton CVSO, the best in the state, also spoke of coming changes in Veterans Benefits as well as introducing her new office member - Carol Rains, HCVSO Asst.
- We are discussing the possibility of taking a trip to Wisconsin to see the USS Indiana before it is commissioned - more to come on this event.
- Our May meeting will be held on May 22 due to Memorial Day.
Hamilton County Veterans “Veterans helping Veterans”
The HCV thanks you for doing all that you do to help our Veterans and their Families. Keep talking to your neighbors, friends and acquaintances to spread the word on the good of the HCV.
Top of Page