Veteran Employment and Education/Training
These sites are to assist Veterans with transition training/education and securing employment
Employment Training & Job Opportunities
- Hoosier Veterans Assistance Foundation - HVAF of Indiana, Inc., a United Way non-profit organization, is dedicated to eliminating homelessness for veterans and families through prevention, education, employment services, supportive services and advocacy. HVAF provides supportive, structured housing to Indiana veterans with the assistance necessary to ensure successful independent living in the community.
- Easter Seals Crossroads Our main objective is ”Helping Veterans Thrive”. We do this by providing employment assistance in the form of job clubs, resume’ building, confidence awareness for interviews and so forth. We work under the HVRP or Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program. Through the HVRP, we are able to provide veterans who are experiencing issues with housing and employment by providing gas cards, bus passes, work clothing, and anything else that will help them sustain a productive lifestyle. Some programs are Veteran Series of Events which will include some peer to peer workshops on living with PTSD; Rally Points where they will assist in reintegrating our Veterans and families back into the community as well as identifying employment, family, health and housing needs.
- Velvet Jobs has put together a Veterans Resource Guide that lists the more important steps to help one re-enter the civilian job market. This includes job searching. resume writing, networking, interview tips, career advice for injured Veterans and other helpful tip as well as links to other sites that will assist you in find a new career.
- Career Resources for Veterans at JobHero could be the answer you have been looking for. Whether you’ve been retired for years or have just finished your service, rejoining the workforce can be tough. You should have access to adequate guidance and support. There are actually a lot of places you can turn to for assistance in your transition from service to career you know where to look. This guide recommends pages only from trusted organizations and will connect you to all kinds of information, advice, tools, and programs that offer real-world help.
- WorkOne Central is dedicated to our Veterans and spouses with their many programs to find and secure suitable employment and make the transition from Military to the civilian workforce. Services provided include direct job referrals, resume development, training and grant assistance, interview coaching and much much more. Their Local Veteran Employment Reps and Disabled Veteran Outreach Program Specialists are dedicated to helping Veterans and eligible spouses receive all the services they need. Contact you local Hamilton County Advisor, Carolyn Baumgartle, here in Fishers, In. at email@example.com or phone at 317-841-8194 ext. 207. Or go here to see more Veterans Services https://secure.in.gov/dwd/2424.htm
- Indiana Career Connect, powered by WorkOne, will review your application to ensure you have listed all your skills gained through your Military service. You'll have access to job leads and applications, get labor market information that includes pay ranges and job trends, put together a resume, and find out about other community resources available to you.
- Operation Job Ready Veterans Operation: Job Ready Veterans (OJRV) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to preparing veterans for successful employment by connecting them with employers that seek top quality, well trained men and women for their workforce. We make a personal connection and assist veterans of all ability levels with their employment and career goals. OJRV's long term goal is to ensure that every Hoosier veteran that wants a job, gets a job.
- Dept of VA Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program’s You may receive Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) services to help with job training, employment accommodations, resume development, and job seeking skills coaching.
- Employment Resources for Military Spouses - This site helps a Military spouse market themselves to employers and it has links to help locate the type of job you might fit into while still being the primary homemaker.
- US Dept of Labor VETS - Veterans Employment and Training Service Programs - We provide resources and expertise to assist and prepare Veterans and Military in obtaining meaningful careers, maximize their employment opportunities and protect their employment rights. They even list State Grants that are available.
- Free Resume Proofreading for Veterans In a survey of executives from America's largest corporations, 40% said that a single typo on a resume could cause an otherwise qualified candidate to not be considered for a job. As professional proofreaders, we identify and fix these errors. We have made a commitment to proofread resumes for our nation's veterans at no cost. Our goal is to help at least 1,000 veterans transition into the civilian workforce. Our professional proofreaders will check veterans' resumes for grammer, spelling, formatting, word choice and sentence structure,,, all for FREE!!
- Jobs 2 Careers - A search engine that features millions of jobs from most major search engines. We also have resources and advice for job seakers, college students and businesses
- US Jobs - Explore Federal Government Job opportunities.
- Indeed - Provides free access in one search to thousands of jobs from job boards, newspapers and company websites.
- Military.com Employement Center - Find employers who are looking for those with Military experience.
- VetsJobs - Lists several Veteran Job opportunities across the US.
- Indiana Department of Workforce Development Veterans Services is committed to providing quality employment and services to Veterans through the links listed on the left of their page and with the help of our WorkOne Centers. Veterans go to the front of the line and all offices have an onsite Veterans Representative.
- Indiana Job Network - Lists the available jobs in your selected region/city. Select the city you wish to search and go to work!!
- ZipRecruiter Veterans page is designed to help our Veterans find jobs quickly. We are the top job resource site with a smart algorithm designed to help our users get matched with the best job with one single click. We notify job seekers right away it their resume gets looked at, which sets us apart from the other sites.
- Computer Programming Resources - Resources for Veterans looking to have a career in computer programming/coding may use this site http://www.whoishostingthis.com/resources/veterans-coding/ to get the proper guidance and training.
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers & Studies is a website dedicated to Veterans interested in using their security clearance to get into the cybersecurity profession. Our nation needs cybersecurity professionals in every sector and every region. These resources are being offered by the Dept of Homeland Security (DHS). Another site where you might land a job is Comparitech.com. Their site has a guide for Veterans to use in acquiring a job in this high demand profession.
- The Department of Homeland Security also has a website setup listing current jobs and opportunities for Veterans. Here is a Fact Sheet for the DHS Sybersecurity Mission for our Veterans Outreach program.
- Helmets to Hardhats - Where you can find the fastest way to transition from Military to a Construction career.
Education & Scholarships
Disclaimer:The web sites listed above are not associated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Hamilton County Veterans Corp., or its Officers, and has no official or unofficial affiliation with the Hamilton County Veterans Corp., or its Officers, or its membership. This web page was created as a resource for the members of the Hamilton County Veterans Corp. as well as use by the general public
Top of Page