Legal & Other Links
- National Veterans Legal Services Program (NVLSP) is an independent nonprofit organization that has worked since 1980 to ensure that the U.S. government keeps its pact with our nation's 25 million veterans and active duty personnel by providing them the federal benefits they have earned through their service to our country. Helping veterans and active duty personnel obtain the benefits they deserve. We also need to donate to their cause so they may continue to fight for the rights of those who protect us.
- Indiana Legal Services ensuring equal access to justice. ILS is a non-profit law firm that provides free civil legal services to eligible low-income people throughout the state of Indiana.
- Legal Services Corporation - Is an independent nonprofit established by Congress in 1974 to provide financial support for civil legal aid to low-income Americans. LSC promotes equal access to justice by providing funding to 134 independent non-profit legal aid programs in every state, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories. LSC grantees serve thousands of low-income individuals, children, families, seniors, and veterans in 813 offices in every congressional district. Read more about the vital role legal aid plays in a just America.
- Stateside Legal - Website is designed especially to help low-income service members, Veterans and their families find the legal services that are available free of charge.
- Understanding Your Legal Rights While On Active Duty - This site brings to light the services and rights you have when you head overseas in service to our country. Most are covered under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.
- Justice For Vets Veterans treatment courts have gained national prominence as the most innovative solution for veterans caught up in the criminal justice system due to substance use and/or mental health disorders and trauma. Veterans treatment courts connect these men and women to the benefits and treatment they have earned; saving their lives, families, and futures, and saving tax dollars for the American public. Learn more here and set up one in your area!!
- Just Great Lawyers.com offers legal assistance through links to sites which help with things from child support to restoring one's drivers license.
Other Helpful Military/Veteran Links
- The Military Veterans Coalition of Indiana’s - mission is to promote the needs of the military community of Indiana including active, National Guard, Reserve, retirees and their families. We will encourage the Indiana Government to enact legislation recognizing the honor brought to the state and nation by their service. This will be communicated through personal contact, the media and website to the government representatives of Indiana and other agencies as deemed necessary. Please go to TMVCI website http://www.inmilcoal.org/individual_subscriber/ and subscribe so you too may stay informed and help act to take better care of our Veterans in Indiana. When it comes to ranking each state on who takes care of their Veterans best our state is ranked 51st out of the 50 states including the District of Columbia, that is dead last!!
- So You Want A PTSD Service Dog? This site from www.surfdogricochet.com will explore 67 questions about wanting to have a PTSD Service Dog. So if you are thinking about one, come here and explore the answers to these questions first.
- America’s Vet Dogs - To help those who have served our country honorably live with dignity and independence. The Veteran's K-9 Corps is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization founded by the Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind and serves the needs of disabled veterans and active duty personnel. Since 1946, the Guide Dog Foundation has provided guide dogs and training at no cost to people who are blind or visually impaired, including veterans.
- WAGS 4 WARRIORS Mission is to unite Veterans, who are returning home from war suffering from PTSD or TBI, with an appropriate dog and to provide all of the training, equipment and support for the dog to become the Veterans service dog at NO COST to the Veteran. The ultimate goal is for the service dog to take away the struggle the Veterans are faced with everyday.
- Bugles Across America, NFP was founded in 2000 by Tom Day, when Congress passed legislation stating that Veterans have a right to at least 2 uniformed military people to fold the flag and play taps on a CD player. Bugles Across America was founded to take this a step further, and in recognition of the service these Veterans have provided to their country, we felt that every Veteran deserved a live rendition of taps played by a live Bugler. To this end, we are actively seeking volunteers to provide this valuable service to Veterans and their families.
- Veterans Support Council of Marion County - VSCMC supports Veterans events and special programs to help better serve our Veterans in Marion and surrounding counties. They raise funds and plan the events for the Mayors Advisory Council on Veterans - MACV. The VSCMC website has many links to assist our Veterans and they list local Veteran events. Their Resources page is continually growing with important links to all things concerning Veterans/Military. Check them out!!
- Home City.com Homes for Vets guide is intended to help veterans who are struggling get the help they deserve. From help with homelessness to something as simple as a partner animal to help alleviate emotional trauma, these organizations, groups and services will support todays vets so they can enjoy a full, thriving and healthy civilian life. Your local VA office is one critical place to look and from which to start, but there are lots of other options listed here that are available to give you further support wherever you need it most.
Disclaimer:The web sites listed above are not associated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Hamilton County Veterans Corp., or its Officers, and has no official or unofficial affiliation with the Hamilton County Veterans Corp., or its Officers, or its membership. This web page was created as a resource for the members of the Hamilton County Veterans Corp. as well as use by the general public
Top of Page