Dept of Veterans Affairs And Compensation
These sites deal with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Remember to always work with your County Veteran Service Officer or your American Legion/VFW Posts service officer/advocate as they will assist you in properly filling out and filing your paperwork. To follow up on your Claim Status, Disability Benefits or GI Bill you may call the VA at 1-800-827-1000 as they suggest. Just know this call will go to one of 5 national call centers, not your local VA Office where you may have filed your claim. They will only have what the national database has which may not be up to date.
“HOW CAN I HELP YOU?” - This is a VA Resource Guide with numbers and internet links to all VA Departments, Benefits and Programs to answer your questions and guide you through the VA system.
Links To VA Compensation Programs
- Explore VA - Learn about VA Benefits that you may be eligible for.
- Elderly Veterans Benefits - As Veterans age the Department of Veterans affairs (VA) will provide benefits and services that will address a variety of issues including the changing health risks they face, as well as financial challenges through the VA benefits and health services.
- Aid & Attendance Pension - Is additional monetary payment for those Veterans and Survivors who require in-home aid and attendance to survive. This site is the VA Benefits page which breaks down this benefit as compared to Basic and Housebound.
- Veteran Aid is a website that will assist in understanding the Aid & Attendance Pension and they will guide you through the process of applying for it.
- Dept VA Benefits Home Page links for benefits through the VA - Transition, Compensation, Pension, Education/Training, Employment/Vocational Rehab, Home Loans, Life Insurance, Transition and many more links.
- Veterans Benefits Compensation Home Page to help you navigate compensation benefit types, claims, dates and the overall process.
- VA Web Automated Reference Manual System - The Web Automated Reference Manual System (WARMS) includes manuals, directives, handbooks, Title 38 Code of Federal Regulations and more. The publications provide information about the Department of Veterans Affairs benefits policies.
- VA Compensation Rate $$ Tables are listed on this page.
- How Does the VA Set Your Percentage of Disability? What do the numbers mean and how does the VA determine if a Veteran’s disability should be deemed 30% versus 100%, and so forth? This site will explain.
- Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors - A book of publications describing each benefit - Health Care Benefits, Burial & Memorial Benefits, Non Health Care Benefits and VA Facilities.
- VA Compensation Forms & Questionnaires may be found on this link.
- Cybersarges website has several links on Veterans Admin Compensation Claims.
- Disability Calculator is a calculator for Veterans that may help determine how much disability they may be owed by the VA based on their injuries. It is a law firms website and based on their findings in the claims they have filed and researched.
Dept of Veterans Affairs Links
- Department of Veterans Affairs US Department of Veterans Affairs Home page with links to Health Care, Benefits, Burials & Memorials, Locations and Resources.
- Transition Care Management for Returning Service Members (OEF/OIF/OND) - If you've served on active duty in theater, you've earned benefits. Now is the time to take advantage of the benefits your VA offers OEF/OIF Veterans.
- How to Apply for OEF/OIF/OND Transition Care We will help you file the proper forms and we recommend you enroll today whether you need health care services or not.
- How to Apply for VA Health Care Benefits Find out if you are eligible for VA Health Care Benefits here and follow the steps to apply by filling out the 1010EZ form online here.
- A New Way to File Standard forms and online tools make it quick, easy and convenient for you to state which benefits you are seeking and submit the information required to process your claim.
- Fully Developed Claims FDC program is an optional initiative that offers Veterans and survivors faster decisions from VA on compensation, pension and survivor benefits claims. You gather and submit all the evidence required at once which allows the VA to render a decision faster.
- Department of VA Vet Centers - We are people in the VA who welcome home War Veterans with honor by providing quality readjustment counseling for them and their families in a caring manner. The Vet Center also has a Combat Call Center 877-WAR-VETS - it is an around the clock confidential call center where combat Veterans and their families can call to talk about their military experience or any other issue they are facing in their readjustment to civilian life. The staff is comprised of combat Veterans from several eras as well as families members of combat Veterans. We have centers all across the USA.
- Department of VA eBenefits - is your gateway to electronically control your VA benefits information. You must be enrolled in the VA system then sign up here to start controlling your profiles and claims.
- Customer Help, Department of Veterans Affairs - Welcome to the VA’s Inquiry Routing and Information System (IRIS) website. They are here to answer your questions on VA locations, Important phone numbers, education benefits, plus they have FAQ’s and an open question page.
- Department of Veterans Health Administration Benefits - The new website is an online resource for Veterans, family members and care givers to learn about eligibility, enrollment options and benefits offered by the VHA. In the column on the left under Health Benefits are links to detailed information about how to apply for VHA health services, cost of care, accessing VA health care and Non-VA care.
- National Resource Directory, a website that provides access for Wounded Warriors, Service Members, Veterans, their families and caregivers to services and resources that support them at the national, state and local levels on recovery, rehabilitation and community reintegration. For help in finding resources on this site, visit the “How To Use This Site” section of the NRD on the top black bar.
- Dept of VA Center for Women Veterans - Links to many helpful sites for our Women Veterans within the VA
- Women Veteran Resources - National Veteran Council’s Women Veteran Resources program connects women veterans with appropriate resources to help them transition to civilian life after leaving the military, and to provide them with resources and tools to help transition to civilian life and continue to be leaders in their communities.
- Dept of VA Dental Care - Eligibility and information on Dental Care
- Dept of VA Non-VA Care - Explains care outside the VA when there are no VA facilities available. This was a question asked from the IRIS page listed above.
- Dept of VA Prosthetics & Sensory Aids Service - Provides comprehensive support to optimize health and independence of the Veteran by being the premier source of prosthetic and orthotic services, sensory aids, medical equipment and support services for Veterans.
- My HealtheVet - A VA Internet program that gives you access to tools which can help you monitor your health care. You can get prescription refills,, lookk at your health records and even talk with your Doctor online. We are continually developing new features to help you improve yourself. Register today!!
- Indianapolis VA Regional Office - Indianapolis Regional Benefit Office is 575 N Pennsylvania St. Their website will help you find what you need - VA Home loans, Help for Homeless, Aid & Attendance, Education & Training, Vocational Rehab & Employment, Life Insurance and Pension.
- Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs (IDVA) Here you will find many local resources in Indiana covering Employment, Education, Benefits, County Veteran Service Officers and support services.
- Indiana Veteran Resources - At MyIndy.Gov you may reach out to the Mayor’s office, connect with the Mayor’s Advisory Council, reach the CVSO in Marion County and other local Service organizations.
- The Path Home is where you may go if you need help dealing with the VA, filing a claim or just need to talk with someone. They are Veterans who have been there and they are local. Veterans Helping Veterans and their Families!! 812-528-1628 or 317-775-4481 or email email@example.com
- VA Web Automated Reference Material System - Provides information about the Dept. of VA benefits policy. It includes Manuals, Directives, Handbooks, Title 38 Code of Federal Regulations and more.
- US Court of Appeals for Veteran Claims - Provides Veterans with an impartial judicial forum for review of administrative decisions by the Board of Veterans Appeals.
Disclaimer:The web sites listed above are not associated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Hamilton County Veterans Corp., or its Officers, and has no official or unofficial affiliation with the Hamilton County Veterans Corp., or its Officers, or its membership. This web page was created as a resource for the members of the Hamilton County Veterans Corp. as well as use by the general public
Top of Page