We are always looking to help our Active Military and Veterans anyway we can. If you have any ideas or thoughts about how we can better serve our Heroes, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Fallen Hoosier Heroes Memorial for Enduring Freedom - Go see this Memorial as it is still sitting at it's present location 401 N Union St in Westfield. They are patiently waiting on the City of Westfield and Hamilton County to let them know their plans, if any, for what they might have in store for the location of the Fallen Heroes Memorial. It sits right in front of the old historic graveyard from back in the Underground Railroad days and it desperately needs some tender loving. The Memorials board is hopeful the City and County will step up and let them know so they can may continue updating the Memorial. At the present time they have removed the 206 White Crosses as they prepare for the future. We want to help get the word out across the state that the Fallen Hoosier Heroes Memorial does exist and it would like our Gold Star Families, OEF/OIF Veterans and friends to join the board for their Memorial. It would be great to have them on our board!! So please let them all know we are here.
- August 2, 2014 is the 6th Annual Cpl Zachary Nordmeyer Memorial Ride starting at Post 500 right across the street from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. They raise funds in Zachary's name for the American Legion's Operation Comfort Warriors. They always put on quite an event after the ride as they auction of many awesome items.
- August 9, 2014 is the 1st Annual Signature Wound Ride benefiting the Rocky Mountain Hyperbaric Association. It starts at Indy West Harley in Plainfield and ends at the Fishers American Legion with a great ending for the day....
- September 18, 2014 We will host a Veterans Job Fair from 9am to 330pm at the Fishers American Legion Post 470 at 9091 E. 126 St just west of Hwy 37 and across from the YMCAA.
- September 27, 2014 is the 3rd Annual Veterans Remembrance Day at the Indiana War Memorial by the Speedway Young Marines. We would like everyone to bring their family, friends and whole neighborhood so we may pay our respects as we remember our Fallen Heroes. We will have speakers and one will be Senator Mike Delph, who has always been a great supporter of our Military and Veterans.
- October 4, 2014 Informative Discussion on PTSD/TBI recognition and treatment being put together by the Hamilton County Veterans. The focus is mainly for Hamilton County and surrounding area Veterans/Military and spouses to be present as we learn more about what is PTSD/TBI, the treatment available and how to get entered into these programs. We will be at the Fishers American Legion Post 470 9091 126th St just west of Hwy 37 and across the street from the YMCA. It will be from 10am to 2pm and our speakers will be Dr Donna Lazarick PhD, from the PTSD treatment unit at Richard Roudebush VA Hospital, Shannon Smith from Riverview Hospital's Hyperbaric Chamber/Wound Care Department, Jim Baurele from the Military/Veterans Coalition of Indiana and Silouan Green who created the PTSD recovery program called the Ladder UPP. After our panel of speakers are done then we will open the floor to questions for the panel. This will be an event you will not want to miss. If you know of someone who would benefit from this please have them call 317-776-9610 to reserve their seat.
- October 11, 2014 The Ladder UPP Workshop, hosted by the Hamilton County Veterans, will be put on by founder Mr Silouan Green. Again we will be at the Fishers American Legion Post 470 at 9091 E 126 St. from 10am to 3pm. This program will highlight the red flags of PTSD and teach us how to deal with them and live with hope, a plan and a strong foundation for a new life. You can read Mr Green's story here http://www.silouan.com/ and about the Ladder UPP here http://theladderupp.com/ We will be asking all Veteran Service Organizations for a donation as we want to offer this workshop free for our Military/Veterans and spouses. Right now the first 50 are free so please call 317/776-9610 to reserve your seat. If we cannot cover all the costs, the only charge will be $12.00 at the door for your workbook - BUT the first 50 are FREE!!
- If you run into any spare wheelchairs, walkers, canes, crutches,,,, etc, let me know email@example.com as I am helping the Fishers American Legion setup a loaner program where our local Veterans may sign out the equipment to use and to return in good working condition when they are done with it.
Top of Page
A Proud Member of the Noblesville Chamber of Commerce
“Veterans Serving Veterans”
Web Design by: Me Website questions or comments contact: webmaster@hamiltoncoun tyveterans.com
Forms to fill out for any WWII or Korean War Vet or any Vietnam Vet who is ill so they may be taken to Washington D.C. to see the Memorials. The guardian form is the 2nd one.
Hamilton County Businesses, residents & Veterans, we need your HELP
The Hamilton County Veterans, a non-profit 501C3 Organization, has been working with the Crownland Cemetery Board and we are ready to move forward with the request to clean up and make additions to the present War Memorial there. The War Memorial, dedicated in 1953, originally listed names of the Hamilton County Fallen Heroes from WWII. Since then additions were made to add the names of the Fallen from the Korean and Vietnam Wars. Well now it is time for us to stand up and add the names of our Fallen Heroes from WWI and from the Persian Gulf War… Since the last update the footings have deteriorated so much that we will need to remove all the stones and replace the footing again before the Memorial falls to the ground! This is why we need everyone’s help in making this a reality for Hamilton County.
Click here to read the letter to all Hamilton County residents, businesses and Veterans.
The HCV has teamed with the Sec of Defense to be a Commemorative Partner in a National Program to Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War as we Thank and honor our Vietnam Veterans and Families for their Service, Valor and Sacrifice for our Freedom!!
Have you ever seen one of our brave Military walking past you and wanted to convey to them your thanks, but you weren’t sure how or it felt awkward? Please watch this video from the Gratitude Campaign and make it easy on your and our Heroes - Say Thank You to our Veterans and Active Military every time you see them!!
‘The Promise’ written and sung by Jack Murphy, Vietnam Veteran from the 199th Light Infantry Brigade, 1969. Thank You Jack for your Service and Sacrifice..... Welcome Home!
The Metamora Inn B&B at 19049 Wynn St Metamora, In. is Veteran owned and they offer discounts to our Military and Veterans. Built in the 1850’s in an 1835 canal town with more than 70 quaint shops. Go here and contact G.I. & Willie Jo Ball.